Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chapter 3 Project 3-1

Here is this boring Blog..sorry M8s no cool photos this time.

Assume that you are working as a PC support technician for a corporation. Your job requires you to give desk-side support branches. Answer the following questions:

1. In the role of desk-side support to user, what do you think is your strongest social skill that would help you succeed in this role?
My strongest social skill is my ability to come across as a person who listens.

2. What is likely to be your greatest interpersonal weakness that might present a challenge to you in this role?
My greatest interpersonal weakness is in my ability to respond I often fail to get what I’m trying to say across to the person I’m talking to.

3. What is one change you might consider making that will help you to improved on this weakness?
One thing I can do to change would be to take a deep breath & relax when I feel that I’m not getting my point across, I could also make sure to use well known keywords.

4. In the role of phone support at the help desk, what part of that job would you enjoy the Most? What part would give you the greatest challenge?
The part I would enjoy the most, at the help desk, would be that fact that I get to sit down all day. The part that would give me the greatest challenge would be the phone. I have phone phobia, I hate the phone and get anxious when I have to talk to people I do not know on it.

5. When making on-site calls to corporate branches, what part of this job would you enjoy the most? What interpersonal skills, if any, would you need to develop so that you could do your best in this role?
The part I would like best when doing on-site calls would be the chance to see many different system and how they are run. Well if your going to go on-site calls you need to be friendly and open, be the guy they everyone likes. Remember some details about the people you have to interact with at each site.

No comments:

Post a Comment